Trail Maintenance Days: 2nd Saturday of each month.
We work rain or shine!
Motts Run Mtb & Quarry Trail Status
TRAILS STATUS: Mott's Run Reservoir mountain bike trails & Fredericksburg Quarry Trails are OPEN.
**Mott's Run closes at 7pm (April->October; closed Tues/Wed). Park users may park outside the gate and access the mountain bike trails if they think they may not make it back by closing time or if accessing during November->March when the rest of the park is closed. (Do not block gate). Periodically, Mott's Run may close early due to inclement weather, so please keep this in mind. FATMUG does not manage the hiking trails. Thanks for your cooperation.
To learn more about the trail status indicator sign on the trailhead kiosk click "read more..." below.
We are extremely pleased to announce the City of Fredericksburg has approved our proposal to build an approximate twelve mile, stacked-loop, mountain bike specific, trail system on the land around the Motts Run Reservoir! We have begun construction and we will be starting on the second Saturday of every month to hold a larger trail workday/event for any volunteers that want to come. We will have food, drinks, music provided :) For any other trail work days of course see the event calendar below.
1. Maintain the integrity of existing trails.
2. Identify areas for improvement on existing trails and execute sound practices to reduce impact on surrounding environment.
3. Design and construct trails to minimize both risk of user harm and environmental impact from all reasonably anticipated trail use for life of trail.
4. Solicit guidance from local historians to design, construct and/or modify trails that provide low impact access to cultural and historical features and landmarks.
5. Repair trail damage resulting from severe weather events, fallen trees, debris and improper trail use (ex. muddy surface riding, unauthorized re-routes, etc.).
6. Educate trail users, especially cyclists, on proper trail use etiquette.